Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pineapple Makes It Better

I recently came into quite a bit of cash. While not a total surprise (my parents harassed me for over a week to go to the post office, so I knew something was up), having a nice sized check show up is always a good thing. Since I need to keep everything in a very liquid asset and nothing will really earn me decent interest, I decided to spend some (just to demonstrate its liquidity). And really, nothing says "I'm rich" like culinary experimentation.

So I bought steaks and some marinade and commenced experimentation. The first time, I followed the instructions on the marinade and ended up with okay teriyaki steak. Last night I tried again. This time I messed around with the marinade using pineapple juice with a touch of vinegar for a kick. I'm happy to say it turned out really well. It also provided an excellent sauce which made the baked potatoes very tasty. This just goes to show that pineapple makes everything better.